Thus far, Shell’s Angels has done an AMAZING job this year. We surpassed the goal I set for us well before the race. I reached my personal fundraising goal, increased my goal, and then passed it again.
This is all wonderful (we’ve raised over $2600 all together!), but you know what? There are still EIGHT WEEKS left to keep fundraising, and any money we raise will go for EVEN MORE MAMMOGRAMS.
We need a new challenge. And I have one for us!
I would like to be one of the Top 100 Fundraisers this year. Based on the information on the Komen site I’m probably in pretty good shape for it already. But since it’s a moving target–the minimum amount we need to raise depends entirely on how much everyone else raises–I just want to keep reaching higher and higher.
To encourage participation, I have some incentives. I have sock yarn from Pico Accuardi Dyeworks, Stitchjones, Wollmeise, and Yarntini, among others. I will be giving away a skein a week (or possibly more) from race weekend through the end of October. That’s a minimum of seven prize drawings!
How do you qualify for a chance to win a skein of sock yarn?
- Go make a donation to Komen Oregon under my name. (For the duration of the yarn raffle, the big “DONATE” button above links directly to my Komen page.)
- Let me know you have done so and want to be included in the raffle by leaving me a comment here.
- Wait to be notified that you are my weekly winner!
- Every $10 donation earns you an entry into the drawing. ($20 earns two entries, etc.)
- Each person remains in the pool of potential winners until they have won. Winners may re-enter the drawing by donating again.
- Those who have donated prior to this promotion may enter the drawing based on the previous donation–just let me know you want to be included.
- The list of prizes will change throughout–because I expect some yarn donations and due to weekly winners–but I will keep an up-to-date listing here.
I think that’s about it, but let me know if anything is unclear or missing. Please share with your friends, post to FB, Twitter, your own blogs, etc. The more I can get the word out, the better!
Thanks everyone, and I can’t wait to see how much money we end up raising. We are the cure!